Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is this circuit/device called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagliacci19

I am working on an experiment where multiple microscale electronic devices are being tested in a vacuum environment. For each device, I need 4 contacts:

-2 for applying current through the device
-2 for measuring voltage across the device

There will be a large number of devices (for good statistics it may be as high as 50-100, or higher), but the number of electronic feed-throughs for the vacuum chamber is fixed. Of course, I can design a circuit that allows the maximum number of devices to be measured with a fixed number of leads, but I know there should be some way to digitally address each device, and connect to a larger number of devices.

This may seem like a silly question, but what is this device called? I am searching right now, but until I get the terminology for the function I require it is pretty perplexing...Thank you for suggestions.

This may seem like a silly question, but what is this device called? I am searching right now, but until I get the terminology for the function I require it is pretty perplexing...Thank you for suggestions.

hi,
Its not perplexing, its multiplexing or demux.

Look at the HEF4067 analog selector ic as a starting point.

The basic measurement set up "four point probe", usually used to measure resistivity of films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back