What is this circuit/device called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagliacci19

I am working on an experiment where multiple microscale electronic devices are being tested in a vacuum environment. For each device, I need 4 contacts:

-2 for applying current through the device
-2 for measuring voltage across the device

There will be a large number of devices (for good statistics it may be as high as 50-100, or higher), but the number of electronic feed-throughs for the vacuum chamber is fixed. Of course, I can design a circuit that allows the maximum number of devices to be measured with a fixed number of leads, but I know there should be some way to digitally address each device, and connect to a larger number of devices.

This may seem like a silly question, but what is this device called? I am searching right now, but until I get the terminology for the function I require it is pretty perplexing...Thank you for suggestions.

This may seem like a silly question, but what is this device called? I am searching right now, but until I get the terminology for the function I require it is pretty perplexing...Thank you for suggestions.

hi,
Its not perplexing, its multiplexing or demux.

Look at the HEF4067 analog selector ic as a starting point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…