Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What Is The Range On This Transmitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rs14smith

I have the DX5e from Spektrum transmitter, but I cannot find anywhere online what the total distance range is for it.

Meaning, how far can I control a RC vehicle before the vehicle is out of range and the transmitter can no longer send signals to the receiver?

It's a very popular transmitter, so I hope someone knows. Sorry if I posted in the wrong category.

Thanks!

Nevermind, I just found it hidden on this quick start manual here.

Says, under How to Range Check: "3. You should have total control of the model with the Trainer Switch pulled at 30 paces (90 feet/28 meters)." just for anyone else who is curious in the future :D

My friend flys his airplane with this transmitter. Its range is very far, as far as you can see the airplane (1500 feet?). The owner's manual says, beyond visual range. It has a procedure for testing range at 90 feet/28 meters which probably reduces its output power so you can see the model fairly closeby.
It is an el-cheapo transmitter so it is missing the model memories and EXPO (exponential control for reduced sensitivity near zero joystick movement).

I have a very cheap Spektrum transmitter and a few receivers. The range is as far as I can see (then I can't see if the airplane is flying towards me or is flying away and I can't see if it is upside-down). The range drops (and I lose control) when I point the transmitter antenna directly at the airplane because the rx and tx antennas must be parallel for good range. My receivers do not have "diversity" (2 receiver antennas) like the better ones.
The transmitter you show has its antenna on an angle so it never points directly at the airplane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back