Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the purpose of R1 in this circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryker12

Could someone please walk me through the math of how R1 fits into the the final output voltage? Without it, my simulation produces a lot of noise and oscillations.

As I suggested and Ronsimpson said in answer to your previous question, you need a series resistor connected to the opamp output.

You should never connect an op amp output directly to a capacitive load without a series resistor.

Until you have a resistor there, the results will be unpredictable.

ps. The resistor values you are using are all rather low for the majority of opamps, you should increase then by a factor of five or ten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back