Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the output impedance of a TL07x opamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyAyXGhF

Hey all,
if I take the output directly from a TL07x opamp (say in a voltage follower) what is the output impedance. I know the ideal opamp is supposed to be 0 ohm, but I can't find any figures in the datasheets for this. Thanks in advance!

The output impedance for small signals is ~0Ω. However, the opamp can only source or sink rather modest currents. Spec sheet says it will drive 10V into a 2KΩ load. Dont expect it to drive a 4Ω speaker...

Last edited:
Hey all,
if I take the output directly from a TL07x opamp (say in a voltage follower) what is the output impedance. I know the ideal opamp is supposed to be 0 ohm, but I can't find any figures in the datasheets for this. Thanks in advance!

And don`t forget that the output impedance is drastically reduced due to feedback - in particular, for a unity gain amplifier.

The open loop output impedance of a typical op amp is several tens of ohms (if the output current limit has not been reached). This, of course, is reduced by the loop gain (open loop gain minus the closed-loop gain) when negative feedback is added. The output impedance can thus be very low for small closed-loop gains at DC but will increase with frequency due the reduction with frequency of the open-loop gain.

The output impedance, at DC is essentially zero, until you hit the current limit, which essentially skyrockets upward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back