Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the # of this chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder, If you use too large a electrolytic cap with too large a resistor in your timing section a 555 *CAN* malfunction due to leakage current.

The out put of pin 3 of a 555 is high for a minimum of 50% of the time or more and in this set up it is high for around 81% of the time and the 2N2222 (actually a 2SD471) is used to invert that time
347 sec cycle time, 284 sec high time, 63 sec low time.

It might be easier to invert the output using a simple diode in the charge circuit as shown in the datasheet/application notes circulating for getting <50% duty cycle.

John

Final product, works the way I want it, just takes forever for it to start pumping when you turn it on because the 1000uf cap is starting at 0 v.
Sim says 7:53 (9:08 actual) to the first toggle, 63 s ( 1:41 actual) to the next, then 4:44 (7:22 actual), then 62 (1:46 actual), then 7:12 actual. Good enough for me, when i'm using it, I'm usually in my recliner for a hour or 3, so that just what I wanted.
Kinarfi

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back