Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the name of this type of thumbscrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueroomelectronics

Anyone know what this is called and who makes them?

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 313
Probably Dzus or Camloc, or generically "quarter-turn" fastener. The difference between Dzus and Camloc is on the back side.

John

Diy

Well all the results turned up for the DZUS quick fastener versions (1/4 turn) I need standard threaded (multiturn) versions.

I doubt that a multi turn version exists, but I might be wrong.

If you just need one, then I'll gladly make you one if I can get a screw with a similar head in the size you need.

Rolf

Bill,
I think you may be looking at what are called captive panel screws. You can swage or put an E-or C-clip under the head to keep the screw from falling out, and retain the multi-turn fastener aspect. I cannot link directly with the McMaster-Carr item anymore, but here is the part number for an example 95966A121 at mcmaster.com McMaster doesn't appear to have countersunk varieties, but that and many other head styles do exist. They are a bit easier to install than the quarter-turn fasteners.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back