Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the name of this element ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

schneiderj

Hello,

I am trying to find the name of this element (see attachement). In French it the first one is "support tulipe" and the second "support Lyres"... but I am unable to such of the English one.
Can you help me ?

Thanks,
Jean-Marie

Attachments

• 08170-opt.jpg
    08170-opt.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 08160-opt.jpg
    08160-opt.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 165
The first one's called a "Machine Pin Socket" here in the US.

Thanks ! That exactly what I needs.

I am trying to translate from French to English an application notice for an astronomy application. I am not so good in English and I am expecting to have something not to bad.

So thanks again,
Jean-Marie

Hello,

here an other question regarding translation :
I have the following text and have some difficulties with "borne" which define the hole where the wire as to be solder.

Souder le fil noir à la borne 0V,
le fil rouge à la borne 9V.
Solder the black wire to terminal 0V,
the red wire to the terminal 9V.

In my point of view terminal is not the good word... céan you help me ?

Thanks
Jean-Marie

Either way is good, but 9V would be an adjective telling what type of terminal or pad -

"Solder the black wire to the 0V terminal,
the red wire to the 9V terminal."

"Solder the black wire to the 0V pad,
the red wire to the 9V pad."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back