Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the name of this element ? Is there any special name for it ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwertyqwq

Hello.

Im looking the name of element of this circuit in picture. The circuit maded by Japanese at 1980's. There are lots of pins on it for check signal with oscilloscope. I saw it a few weeks ago and i really liked it. The reason why i liked it , because its looking cool, sturdy , hard to remove and much stiff. I wanted to order them, so i searched on internet and didnt find much more things. I decided to ask you guys maybe know this element's name..
Thanks.Qwerty.
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 13.07.11.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-08-05 at 13.07.11(1).jpeg

That's a thick film package. It is basically a miniature PCB with components and is covered in epoxy. Sealed and not reparable. If it has failed you replace the whole thing.

Looks like slotted terminal pins in the lower two blue circles.

A slotted test point pin.

Pins like that are used for test points to make connecting a meter or scope probe easier, or occasionally in pairs to allow configuration or calibration components to be installed during testing or commissioning.

This is an example of a board with the flat slotted tags use for configuration:

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 201
thick film package
Years ago, many factories made PCBs with a maximum of 2 layers and through hole parts only. We needed to add 100s of low power parts with out remaking the factory. We went to a sister company that was making computer boards. They made boards like pictured below. They had the newest machines. The boards were dipped in black epoxy. This allowed us to keep making the old boards with only the high power parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back