Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is the formula for luminance(lux)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuchween

how to find the light intensity?
i looked for it in the internet but i couldnt find
what is the formula to determine light intensit?
doesnt matter if the formula is in candela or luminance
help me please.
i will be having a viva test on my project
thank you

What do you mean? Your questions sounds analogous to what is the equation to find distance/mass/speed. It's something that has to be measured?

Or do you mean you want to find the intensity at distance Y given that you know the intensity at distance X? In this case intensity decreases by the distance squared. So if you are given the intensity at X meters you have to normalize it to 1 unit distance by multiplying the intensity by X^2.

Then you divide the intensity at 1 unit distance by Y^2 to find the intensity at distance Y.

You can combine X and Y in one equation to get:

[New Intensity] = [Given Intensity]*(X/Y)^2

where Y is the distance for [new intensity] and X is distance for [given intensity]

At least that's how I think it is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back