Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best switch for 50Hz - 310V - 8A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvinfx

Hi,
I am building an modified sine wave inverter . and I need to know about AC switches. We must use half-bridge switch to make provide ac modified sine wave, but I don`t know what kind of switch is good for it?

Mosfet - Transistor - IGBT?

For me I would go with IGBT's being they are robustly built, easy to control with a dedicated driver IC and little else, plus they generaly have high voltage ratings and good current handling abilities in a small package and are rather cheap to buy.

For basic ratings I would suggest using something with a 2x volt rating over your peak rail voltages and at least 4x your estimated peak amps you plan on switching so any that are rated at 600 V or higher and 30+ amps should be good enough.

As far as frequency goes 50 Hz is pretty low far as IGBT's are concerned so that wont be a problem with any model you chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back