Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is that Secret Voice Recorded IC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayan Soyza

Hi!

I saw a simple circuit that plays the recorded voice track about 16 seconds. The IC part number has been erased by the shopkeeper.

It’s a 16pin DIP IC but for sure it’s not an ISD chip.

I’m guessing what is that voice IC something like AP89xx series one or…..???

Anybody familiar with this 16 pin DIP voice IC or any clue will be a great help.

Thanks.

There is not enough memory in a typical microcontroller.
Code:
Assume 8 bits per sample and a playback rate of 44.1 kHz

44,100 * 16 = 705,600 bytes
That's bigger than the amount of memory on a typical microcontroller by two orders of magnitude. I think there is another explanation.

Code:
[QUOTE=Papabravo]There is not enough memory in a typical microcontroller.
Yep.For sure that will be a voice recordable IC.Because the shopkeeper doesn't know anything about microcontrollers.

Thanks erricgibbs for your link.I don't know where did you get that link.
For sure that will be an ISD chip.I thought ISD has only 28 pin ones.No they have 16 pin low memory IC's also.

I must give a try to find that IC.Hard to find that :(

The block diagram for the chip shows an SPI interface and suggests the use of a microcontroller. So if your shopkeeper knows nothing of microcontrollers then there may be another solution that is self contained.

Have you tried reverse engineering the PCB? If you can find out how it's connected up then it will make life a lot easier for you.

I just had a look from the top of the board. It looks likes a **** very ugly.
If I had a chance I will have a closer look.

For the amplifier he has used TDA 2003….and there were few components near the voice IC.
Any way I’m looking to buy ISD 1610B (16pin). Very hard to find.

He has the technology but I don’t have that……. I’m jealous……with him…

Advance Information is what they put out before the silicon is available. If there is nothing since July 2000 then they probably never made that particular chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back