Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is RFID and what's it use ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

What is RFID and what's it use ....

Can any body tell me..

Thanks

Radio-frequency identification (RFID) is the use of a wireless non-contact radio system to transfer data from a tag attached to an object, for the purposes of identification and tracking. Some tags require no battery and are powered by the radio waves used to read them. Others use a local power source. The tag contains electronically stored information which can be read from up to several metres (yards) away. Unlike a bar code, the tag does not need to be within line of sight of the reader and may be embedded in the tracked object.

The above taken from the WIKI.

I will be leaving to go to work soon. When I arrive I will use my badge to gain entry. My badge will be read by a badge reader using RFID. While at work I will move through various areas. As I do so my badge will be read and as I enter some areas I will need to have my badge read then enter assorted codes on a keypad to enter. There are hundreds of uses for RFID in everyday life. Start by reading this link then continue by using Google. There is no way to completely cover RFID in a single post. Try thinking of a few new uses on your own.

Ron

The use of RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) enables manufacturers, retailers and logistics providers to improve inventory tracking, efficient on-shelf availability of products and accurately track products & goods throughout the entire supply chain.* The benefits are more accurate inventory tracking, on-shelf availability of products and traceability of goods such as medicine and food.* For a helpful link and more information, check out a non-profit organization GS1 RFID Technology.* A program from GS1 US provides education, the tools and access to the industry's best practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back