Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is PIC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rigdoctor99

I got told off for asking this in another posting :cry:

I have no idea what this PIC stuff is and I would like some advise as to how I start out learning about it....................

I was told to read the topics here but I dont even know the first thing about this stuff.........................

I finnish my exams at a time when computers were only just starting to be used and have never had a need to use programing of any kind in my prototyping work.....However I know find myself getting more and more designs with PIC chips in them....................

So, I know nuffink, how do I start? :)

rigdoctor99 said:
I got told off for asking this in another posting :cry:

Yep. That was me ;) You'll see, you'll get more replies with your own little thread rather than trying to hijack another thread, believe me ;)

I have no idea what this PIC stuff is and I would like some advise as to how I start out learning about it....................

The threads on this forum are a good start. The PICList has a beginners' checklist that will get you started.

I was told to read the topics here but I dont even know the first thing about this stuff.........................

Hint : search for "PIC tutorial".

PIC

Thanks folks, I now have LOADS of bookmarks and some software down-loaded..... Its my own fualt for not tking notice of ALL the information in the trade papers...........

Thats what happens when you become stuck in a rut at work..... I was a prototype tech, and would only read the information I thought I would need...........

:evil: Now I am paying for my pig-headedness :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back