Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is it called?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pitch correction. I use Adobe Audition 1.5, and in that you just highlight the section you want to pitch correct in the Edit Waveform view, select "pitch correction" under effects->time/pitch, and adjust the parameters according to your desired result. It's a bit of an overused effect in my opinion, but knock yourself out.

Antares Auto-Tune Pitch Software is likely what you are hearing. It's not cheap stuff either. You set the parameters way off normal to achieve the effects. this was used in Cher's song "Believe". On a cheaper budget, you could messa round with a 180 phase shifter pedal and get somewhat similar results, but not as controllable nor exact as the Antares software.
https://www.zzounds.com/item--ANTAUTOTUNE

**broken link removed**

Now on a different note (excuse the pun), that song wreaks of Euro-techno pop garbage spawned from a MIDI and not one genuine musical instrument!:(

Last edited:
Download Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Record your audio, select time frame you wish to change then go to Effect > Change Pitch. It will give you a few parameters to change, then voila!

here is a screen shot of audacity runnin on windoz (it can run on mac os and linux)
**broken link removed**

Oh, and it is 100% free and opensource.

Looks like a decent pgm for free! I read more about it at their website and d/l it just in case I'd ever need it. But, I also have a paid version of Sonic Foundry that I typically use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back