Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is eServer iSeries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

I have two CD-ROMs that are BRAND NEW, and NEVER opend that say "eServer iSeries Setup and Operations Version 5, Release 3", and one that says "eServer iSeries Information Center Version 5, Release 3".

Both also have "IBM" on them.

What are they, are they usefull, and are they worth anything? Remember, they are brand new in the sealed pastics, so i dont want to open something that may be worth some money. I doubt that they are, but they may be of some use to me? Possibly? What are they?

iseries is the new name for IBM's AS/400 ... a mid-range class (more powerful than a mini-computer / PC) database server, typically used by governments, factories, etc.

sounds like the discs you found are manuals and maybe some management software.

5.3 must be pretty recent ... one of my clients who has an as400 is still at 5.1R2

Worth nothing considering you need a valid license to use them.

IBM sucks anyways. Oh well, they are still good for coasters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back