Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is common gate driver cheap, many people using, and easy to find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

renzen

I have been Googling and found many items. But it's hard to buy or very expensive because not a common items.
So, what is common gate driver cheap, many people using, and easy to find?
At the moment, I'm using IR2110, but a bit expensive. I hope there's other alternative which is cheaper and faster.
Need 2 low side channels(high and low side is okay), 750mA-1A(higher is okay), rise and fall below 100ns(prefer below 50ns). SOIC or PDIP is okay.
If most of people using pnp-npn transistor for gate, what is the common pnp-npn transistor array(750mA-1A)?

Thank you :D

Last edited:
Better options exist with lower Boostrap voltage and SMT packages
**broken link removed**

Anything with a high side driver will be more expensive and less common than low side only parts.

**broken link removed** are a few hundred low side only parts to start picking over.

Anything with a high side driver will be more expensive and less common than low side only parts.

**broken link removed** are a few hundred low side only parts to start picking over.

When you choose a 20 cent low side driver over a 60 cent complementary driver that can drive 3 A into 10nF Ciss in 70ns, you may experience a dramatic rise in dynamic losses with PWM.
upload_2015-7-29_23-33-47.png

**broken link removed**

But your requirements are not stated. Please consider and specify all requirements before requesting/choosing any design part.

Need 2 low side channels(high and low side is okay)
I took him t his word that 2 low side channels was what he really needed, and gave him a broad selection to choose from. That way he can make his own cost/performance choice.

That way he can make his own cost/performance choice.
I use digikey.com or any one that has millions of parts and use their selection tools.
You can say 8-pin only, 2,3,4 drivers. greater than 2A, slow, sort by cost, (in stock only) etc

I assumed he wanted a cheaper driver for the MOSFETs , same half bridge style preferred and based on cost and performance picked one with the best cost/performance ratio.

Generally I choose RdsOn of the gate drive around 2% of output driver but as power levels increase, this ratio can get larger. This one has the advantages like IGBT with bipolar outputs and MOSFET internal stages with more power gain and far less latency with TTL logic level inputs.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the suggestion :)
Yes, Digikey is the only place that could ship with USPS(cheaper than Fedex or DHL), but the shipping still expensive because express shipping. Hope they will ship with 'standard' shipping, so more friendly for hobbyist like me.

Just sharing,
After searching, I found the cheapest and easiest gate driver is 555. The down side is, it's inverting, a bit slow, and max pulse current about 750mA( assume the output transistor is 2N3904). In my case, using 2pcs 555 or 1pc 556.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with FAN3268. The problem is, FAN3268 not available in my local electronic store and there's no world wide electronics distributor store(RS Component, Element14, ... etc) in my country. So I have to use the most common part or wait until my shopping list reach 50 items or more.
Please let me know, if there's other option which is very common and can be use for gate driver.
Again, Thank you all for the suggestion :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back