Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a UART

Status
Not open for further replies.
The UART is used by the Computer for transmitting its parallel data over a serial line and converting serial data from the line into the parallel format it can use. Transmission is asynchronous and you probably would have a kind of handshake between the Computer and the Peripheral. So perhaps this is where your strobing comes in. I believe you know the strobe is used for handshaking purposes?

don't tell mr. goodwin, but i'm building a small micro with pics festooned around a z80, providing peripheral support. and i'm only doing it for fun.
currently i've got a 16f877 bootloading it's own firmware, bootloading z80 code into sram then releasing the busses, and the z80 from reset state. the 877 will also serve as the UART for z80 comms.
i'm sure there's lots of reasons why i shouldn't being enjoying myself like this, but in the meantime, but what the hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back