Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is a PID etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gastonanthony

hey, what's this PID, P & PD thing that is written in some topics, i hear d that a lot from one of my past professors but he didn't care to elaborate, he just seems to like the fact that he is the only one that knows about PID's, can anybody help me by explaining these things?or maybe a tutorial link?thanks :D

I am not sure of your context for these expressions but

PID Proportional, Integral, Derivative, often referred to as three term control. A method of controlling variables, pressure, temperature etc in an industrial process, eg an oil refinery.

P & ID Piping and Instrument Diagram. The schematic of an industrial process plant, eg an oil refinery.

JimB

If it is to do with control then

Proportional - the basic of all control and has very good step responce
Integral - good for the steady-state error that a pure "P" controller has
Derrivative - good if you want to reduce overshoot in a PI controller, but inherintly unstable and noisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back