Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is a 'feeler' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soreciety

Hello guys,need you help here please...I am doing my diploma's electronic final project and it involves a thing called 'feeler' that is used in **broken link removed**.Please tell me what it is,is it just a string of aluminium? Thanks a lot!

The feelers are the two curved pieces of metal that sense contact. Rather than aluminum, I would use something with more spring to it, such as music wire of about 0.02inch diameter (about 0.5 mm). Notice that the wire needs to be fixed to one of the PCB pads. Music wire is solderable.

Don't know whether music wire translates for you. It is high carbon wire that has been pulled to give it high tensile strength. It is quite springy and is used a lot in models. John

Hi soreciety,

if the text originates from a German "feeler" just means sensor. In that case he translated literally from the german word "Fuehler" to "feeler".

Bugs use to have "Fuehler" to smell food.

Boncuk

P.S. I just studied the article. The "feelers" are indeed a kind of sensor, in that particular case they are the long wires connected to a microswitch for obstacle recogition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back