Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is a $100 dollar resistor used for

Status
Not open for further replies.

be80be

There a 109.3035 ohms, 0.005% tolerance resistor made by Vishay Does any one have a idea what these are made for there even
it is guaranteed to be this weird value to 0.005% error and to have a 0.2ppm temperature coefficient and is supplied in a hermetically sealed package which is either, your choice, oil filled or air filled!? All its siblings in the series have values like 100, 130, 200, 400, 500, 1000,

From arduino forum I seen these in something just can't remember what.

Knowing Jaguars pretty well, it's probably a blower motor resistor. That's kinda cheap though.

You may be right I repaired a bower controller board that's where I think I seen them.

Could be a precision calibration standard.

Not actually used IN anything, just used to adjust your ohm meter so that it is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back