Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What if increasing voltage from 12vdc to 36 on a turn signal relay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly My dear Wattson.

Try one of these on-line 555 calculators:
**broken link removed**
Some starting values for you:
R1 = 2.2K (Enter as 2200)
R2 = 100K (Enter as 100000)
C1 = 10uF (Enter as 10)

You knew I couldn't do it myself. Just what I needed.

Thanks.

kv :D

Reducing duty cycle on 555 Astable.

This will not affect my circuit I'm building. However, now I have questions concerning limitations with Astable 555.

I was using different values on the 555 calculator and couldn't get it below 50% Duty Cycle.

Does this mean going below 50% can only be program to do so ?

kv

You have to add a diode to get below 50% (see datasheet) or you could connect the load from pin 3 to +V.

1n4148 or something else ?

You have to add a diode to get below 50% (see datasheet) or you could connect the load from pin 3 to +V.

1n4148 was used a lot on some of the circuit boards we built that required pulse width modulation.

Thanks hero999

kv

Darlington Circuit used on relay's.

you could connect the load from pin 3 to +V.

A Darlington Circuit with a relay. Posted in another thread seemed to me to be an example of what your talking about when your controlling the Duty Cycle.

Would that be accurate ? Correct me if I'm wrong.

kv

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back