Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what happened to the symbols?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclejed613

Most Helpful Member
the symbols like mu for micro, omega for ohms, etc used to be on the right hand side of the post editing window, just below the smileys. what happened? it's gone? i'm back to typing "u" for micro, and typing out the word "ohms"...

Didn't even know they were available. Sure could use them.

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing. Lately I've been having to google them and then just copy and paste. Sometimes I set up a sort of "stockpile" on a sticky note on my computer, or at the top of the page, and I can just go through and copy and paste each one as it's needed. Not sure what happened to the older style though. It was a huge help--kind of sad to see it go. I hope EM brings it back soon.

Anyway, I've added some to my signature for the time being. Hopefully we can get that panel back soon, but here's something to tide you over :D

Regards

Yeah, I miss those things, too. Minor quibble, but I hate typing "u" for μ and "ohm" for Ω, and it's a pain to call up Charmap or something every time.

Until they are back you can go to Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Character Map and you will find most of the ones you need and a few more.

Mike.

That's a nice feature, EM. Thanx. Better still if the red bits of the emoticons were black, to improve the contrast. Then us older guys with less than 20/20 vision might even be able to distinguish between them :)

Very nice, EM. Thank you.

Very nice site, as well. Remarkably thorough.

Latex too?

Along the same line, can we get the latex crib sheet back for writing formulas?

John

[LATEX]m=\frac{y_2-y_1}{x_2-x_1}[/LATEX]

John

oops, here's the link: **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Thanks, John.

I understood what it was for, I was just unfamiliar with the app.

I brought up the site. Very handing, indeed.

Again, Thanks.

thank you. it helps a lot. i was answering a thread where the question of what "mf" and "mmf" on vintage capacitors meant, and couldn't find the symbols so i could enter "μF" and "μμF" (i.e. pF).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back