Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What happened to the bike break thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimB

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Having learned that some bikes have hydraulic brakes, I had a further idea, but the thread has dissappeared.
What happened to it?

JimB

Edit - OK so brake is spelt incorrectly in the title, jet-lag is a wonderfull thing.

Last edited:
OK Thanks Nigel

Are we talking bicycles or motorbikes? As for bicycles, I have on rare occasions seen some hydraulic setups. I can't believe that the common practice of using a steel cable and either cantilever or caliper discs isn't suffficient enough. Hydraulics would benefit more in the gear shifting/derailleur area, where stretched cables often throw things out of whack! My standard cable/cantilever style brakes stop my bike on a dime... enough that I can actually be thrown over the handlebars!

HiTech said:
Are we talking bicycles or motorbikes?
The original thread was about bicycles. It came as a bit of a revelation to me that someone would put hydraulic brakes on a push bike, but apparently they do.

JimB

JimB said:
The original thread was about bicycles. It came as a bit of a revelation to me that someone would put hydraulic brakes on a push bike, but apparently they do.

It's done on mountain bikes, where you sometimes need SERIOUSLY good brakes that won't fade under excessive use!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back