Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what happen to the dc fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

i've a Rechargeable fan and its charging unit and also circuit is damaged, so i use a battery to run only its fan unit by external wire from the battery to the fan directly.
it runs fine but after 30-45 minits [may be due to batt down] the fan make a noise like its corrosion with something, i try to push its body it works for few minits then again the noise.

what is it problem, i c in the circuit unit there some via circuit to operate the fan unit, but a motor is run simply with power. so why it use the circuit?

does a fan need something [capacitor] to run smoothly till the batt live?

pls help

br
mamun2a

posting some pictures and explaining more clearly may help, could it be the fan is driven by a speed control circuit

it is simple chargeable unit, operate from 1 or 2 6V4.5ah sealed rechargeable battery. it has two 3 way switch off, hi and Lo
thats all. but i dont need 2 control switch now, just run

**broken link removed**

it is almost like it with different company

i've a Rechargeable fan and its charging unit and also circuit is damaged, so i use a battery to run only its fan unit by external wire from the battery to the fan directly.
it runs fine but after 30-45 minits [may be due to batt down] the fan make a noise like its corrosion with something, i try to push its body it works for few minits then again the noise.

what is it problem, i c in the circuit unit there some via circuit to operate the fan unit, but a motor is run simply with power. so why it use the circuit?

does a fan need something [capacitor] to run smoothly till the batt live?

pls help

br
mamun2a

Sounds to me like the unit has a bushing or bearing failing. That would explain the noise and also explain why pushing it quiets it.

Ron

The noise probably starts when the battery gets week enough that the bad bearing hits a resonant frequency. If you let it go long enough it may stop by itself, the only way to fix it would be to replace the bearing. I've had many PC fans fail in this way. Replacement is the only option, if you're lucky you can replace just the bearing, otherwise time to buy a new fan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back