Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What gizmo do you wish for?

What "thingie" would you want to use in your next project?

• LITHIUM BATTER CHARGER

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RGB or WHITE LED SYSTEM

• BASIC CONTROL PANEL

• SMART CONTROL PANEL

• SYNTHESIZER CIRCUITS

• LINEAR POWER SUPPLY SYSTEM

• DMX CONTROLLER

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich D.

I'm brainstorming for my next electronic project to tackle. I build all kinds of circuit stuff for myself and it's a bunch 'o fun. I also design/build goofy industrial stuff for my job but that isn't so fun and exciting. But I'd like to make something that other hobby guys like y'all would like to use also, not a necessarily a complete project, but a sub-assembly that anyone can use for a bigger project.

Unfortunately I am seized with indecision. So maybe you can help me decide. Of course I'll share whatever design ideas I get working with all of you. Here is the short list of what I am considering, so a vote for any of these ideas would be most appreciated.

1. Lithium Battery Charger - will safely manage recharging of those small, light batteries for portable projects.
2. RGB LED system - multiple color LED array & driver for indicator and/or eye-candy design projects.
3. mono LED system - single color (white or other) array & driver for illumination purposes.
4. High-current driver(s) - board for controlling DC or stepper motors & solenoids.
5. Basic control panel - switches, pots & LEDs to interface between circuitry and humans.
6. Smart control panel - interface, uses logic to scan switches, LEDs, etc and connects to a computer (Arduino etc.) using UART, I2C or SPI.
7. Synthesizer circuits - using analog knobs & switches to generate audio sounds, or possibly controlled by computer (Arduino etc.)
8. Linear power supply - with multiple adjustable, protected and configurable outputs.
9. Touch panel board - a control panel that senses touch without switches.
10. DMX controller - interfaces to the commercial DMX-512 network to control lighting from a computer (Arduino etc.)
11. Audio mixing circuit - possibly digitally controlled.

Of course, if you have any other really good thoughts on what you'd like to see me work on, please describe it - it might just be an awesome idea that I would love to take on!

I allowed for up to three selections for those of you who are very enthusiastic.

What about a LED flashlight thats rechargeable? You have to tackle "mini" projects in order to build the whole thing. Li Charger, Boost converter, heatsink for an LED, Low battery circuit for the batteries..etc. You could go all the way and machine an enclosure. Ive done it before with C batteries. Came out nice but it only lasts for a few hours.

Thanks for the idea(s). That's a smart way to bundle a bunch of projects in one. Unfortunately my motivation isn't there because I have a bunch of flashlights, including two that crank to recharge and one that has a solar charger that I keep in the car. The sunlight has kept it charged for several years now.

I also made a UV flashlight that's good for inspecting bedding at hotels. With that one I just modified an off-the-shelf aluminum case because there'd be no way to make my own for $5.

I would think that a C batteries would last a lot longer than a few hours, unless it is an older-style tungsten bulb light.

I also made a UV flashlight that's good for inspecting bedding at hotels.

:eek::eek::eek: Sometimes it is better not to know !

JimB

:eek::eek::eek: Sometimes it is better not to know !

JimB

True Dat... Kinda like, I hate it when people tell me whats in hotdogs.

Actually gizmos for industrial use and industrial safety is a good market. Especially if it benefits production time.

I was just at a "lower budget" hotel at the shore this past week, and found the bedding and bath to be spotless. Earlier this year I was at a fancy, downtown DC hotel that cost as much for one night as a whole week at the shore, and there was this icky looking brown stains on the pillow, that couldn't be seen at all in regular light. You never know.

Now if I could design a flashlight that looks into the hot dog...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back