Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What else do I need for this project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

king.oslo

Hello,

Attached is an image of how I imagine a small project.

I planned using PIC18F452 to take temperature input from a sensor with variable resistance, using a resistor for reference to get variable voltage that can be used to determine the temperature.

The MCU will change the position of a servo based on the temperature gathered from the sensor. The servo takes 20ms pulses to alter the rotational position.

I am sitting here with these pieces and cables + something I downloaded called MPLAB IDE V8.6.

The essential question is: briefly, what do I do now?
- Is there a piece of hardware that I use to connect the MCU to the computer to transfer the code (witten in C)?
- Should I just solder the leads onto the MCU, or do I need to buy a special board?
-Any other things I need to complete this project?

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Marius

Attachments

• pic.png
    pic.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 133
1.You need a PIC programmer first, it feeds the code to the PIC from PC.
2.Directly soldering to the MCU is not a good idea.You need an IC base or a ZIF Zocket to place your PIC.
3.The resister values will short the power supply.Those values are too low.

There are many good articles and references on **broken link removed**, including using analog sensors and running a servo.

I might suggest having a look at Swordfish Basic. It will make this a fairly simple task. The "Special Edition" is limited in how many variable bytes that may be used, but the limits are extremely generous and this project will be easily accommodated. Did I mention the Special Edition is free?

The documentation for my TAP-28 board also includes some information about connections for servos and sensors. The TAP-28 board is a low-cost way to get started with the PIC18F-series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back