Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What electronics circuit have to do with VoIP enabling??

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjali4india

Is there any seperate chip or ic which is put into the circuitry to make a mobile VoIP enabled or its just about the circuits?
Can i convert my mobile in VoIP enabled mobile with additional ic or chip?

Waiting for the reply....

Regards.
Anjali

choose wisely

I would definitely be partial to the SMT version of the unobtanium chip rather than the through-hole because of the space constraints.

Having some fun, eh, Bill?

The "chips" you need are from Marvell, Broadcom and others. Unfortunately, they only sell them to manufacturers in high volume. So, unless you want 20K units, they are definitely made of Unobtanium.

But Wait!, There's More. Once you obtain the chips, you will need to get the right software. And the software requires licenses and system code that you have to pledge your first born to get.

The may be open source versions of the SW but good luck getting it work on the Unobtainitron.

One approach is to find a small form factor system that is fast enough and runs Linux. Then port a version of Skype to it. Good luck.

Or, you could just use a PC and run Skype on it...

Can't help myself. The more you read on those forums the more crazy you get.

At least it would appear no students stuck on homework ever post there :)

PS I like the "but wait there's more" just like the old Ronco ads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back