Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does the electronics and robotics crowd want!?

So, what is the most apealing for you?

• Detailed text and some pictures and schematic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lot of pictures and some text?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

Hello there..

As part of my continuous efforts to present to electronics and robotics visitors the best on my website, I am considering a new simple question, and i really some honest answers.

Do you - electronics surfers - want to long 10/15 pages of detailed text and pictures about some subject/project/tutorial, or do they prefer short sentences with a lot of pictures?

i think it depents on the topic

as it comes to build robots a picture can tell more than thousants words

how to build the electronic/mechanical interfaces

as it comes to component/circuit discription /working the thousand words are more valuable

i tend to be more to the reading part and the deeper educational part but if you asked me 15 years ago it was different as my knowledge whas lesser than now

Robert-Jan

Last edited:
hi ikalogic.
I prefer a site to have a fast opening page.

Simple descriptive headings with links to more detailed text.

When on the 'detailed' text pages I like the option to view full/detail pictures or not by clicking on a thumbnail pic.

I find it irritating to have to scroll down past glossy pics to get the next section of text..:)

So i can see that detailed text is required, no need to reduce the amount of text in my website articles, right?

I actually like both, lots of text to explain the lots of pictures :)

I really like it when there is a lot of pictures to back up and show examples of what the text is explaining. It really helps. 123 Robotic's experiements for the evil genius is a epic fail. tons of text, and hardly any pictures. It is horrible. We need both.

Okay then, so keep the text, and add pictures! sound so simple that i should have figured it out on my own...

I prefer lots of text explaining how the darn thing works so I can use the PRINCIPLES to remake a version of my own that is to my liking. Pictures are great, but I'd sacrifice a bunch of useless simple pictures for some obscure text to explain the important pictures more. Anything "visual" that is convoluted to describe should be a picture. But how it works and everything else should be text.

Like describing someone what a anti-parallel connection is to someone who knows nothing about electronics is best done in a picture.

Last edited:
but with few or no pictures it can be hard to visualize. Why not both?

Krumlink said:
but with few or no pictures it can be hard to visualize. Why not both?

yes i agree, and here one of my last articles, i tried to change my approach with regard to the quantity of text. i tried to write less but more straight forward explanations, with a better balanced visual/textual content.

**broken link removed**

Would you rather read 10 pages of text and no pictures?

What ever happened to the phrase (Picture is worth a thousand words?) Sometime text can be so lengthy it becomes a bore. Somethings that are well done and take time. But others are not worth doing like (Windows Vista,Millennium,Etc)

Unless it is intuitive and maybe a spawns to an idea for something else. Which the Idea itself lays dormant and un-known in the readers thoughts (Until Spawned by the writer) which was also un-known to the writer and his intention.

Last edited:
killivolt said:
What ever happened to the phrase (Picture is worth a thousand words?) Sometime text can be so lengthy it becomes a bore. Somethings that are well done and take time. But others are not worth doing like (Windows Vista,Millennium,Etc)

Unless it is intuitive and maybe a spawns to an idea for something else. Which the Idea itself lays dormant and un-known in the readers thoughts (Until Spawned by the writer) which was also un-known to the writer and his intention.
Sometimes the picture doesn't give enough theory behind how the thing works for you to build your own. I wouldn't say I
"prefer" more text than pictures, but it seems that on the net, there is an imbalance towards pictures rather than good text, so prefer the thing that I cannot find.

Last edited:
What I am trying to get across is both, not just one or the other. I would prefer both, as in lots of pictures and lots of text.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back