Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you work as?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StupidDum

I always wonder, if the people here is working in the field of microcontroller system, especially those who rated "oracle", "master".

I'm currently a university student, and going to graduate real soon. How about you?

StupidDum said:
I always wonder, if the people here is working in the field of microcontroller system, especially those who rated "oracle", "master".

I'm currently a university student, and going to graduate real soon. How about you?

I've been working as a TV Service Engineer since I left school in 1971. I started playing with micro-processors with the 6502, I built a kit called the Tangerine Microtan 65 (which I've still got!).

Student of course :)

Been a student is a hard job, its full time, involves much suffering for your liver, and overdraft issues.

I finished my phd last year, I was recently promoted to a director of engineering in my company. Basically, I do lots of software, RTOS, embedded, hardware, debug, motion control, optics, etc.

I graduated from college as an EE major about 2 years ago. I now work designing Medical diagnostic and treatment equipment at a small startup company. I'm the only EE here so I work on everything from analog design to PCB layout to embeded programming.

mmm...i got a loooong way to go before I even graduate from highschool...but i get my daily buzz from the mains power to keep me motivated in this field...zzzap !!

It's been 2 years since i started electronics, so i got addicted with the buzz...

Me

I'm a CEO of two organizations one being a petroleum services company and the other being a robotic/aerospace research company as well as sideline as a municipal firefighter, you might say I'm a tad busy and definitely not an electronics expert by any means, just picked it up as it come along.

r.

Myself

I'm a high school student(sophomore) additcted to electrical engineering so much. I've been in this field for 1 year and i'm building a pic controlled robot (like boe-bot) now. After this project maybe i'll build a humanoid robot.

Hi i'm also a student for his last year Mechanical Engineer,

in the mean while i have a small company which is dedicated @ computers
hardware and software (self made) and as a hobby we have a race car and off course there is where the emmbedded systems started..!!! TC etc...

TKS

I'm a part time student in EE, and I also work full time in IT. In my spare time, I am a shrubber. I arrange, design, and sell shrubberies.

BEEF 41

Like pike i am trying to finish the damned boring highschool i'm in the last year ! But i've changed because Math and Phisics here in this forgotten country are too boring for me, i need some excitment in everything that i do, so i will end up probablly in the army, air force or stay as civilian and get a stupid little job !

I've started with electronics since, i don't really remember but it was as soon as my 6 years when my untie gave me my first transformer and i, don't ask how, i made and inverter to give a small electric shock to my grandfather, :D :D :D , yeah i still remember !! Forwards i was called here by the neighbors as "The Destructor" because i disassembled every old device that they had !!

Well that's how i've got into this, pretty childhood huh !! The Destructor !!

I'm an EE student at a local university. I currently work in the National Account Finance and Credit center for a leading foodservice distributor. It's not what I call the perfect job, but it sure does keep my mind busy.

I started learning about electronics only 2 years ago, or so. My first circuit that I made was an aircraft band receiver.

TiagoSilva said:
Forwards i was called here by the neighbors as "The Destructor" because i disassembled every old device that they had !!

Well that's how i've got into this, pretty childhood huh !! The Destructor !!

That's what I do, even now. I just took apart a printer for the steppers. Anything that isn't being used (perfect or broken) i take apart...

Funny, I also just took apart a printer (2 days ago) to get the motors inside - didn't even know that it was stepper motors (didn't know what stepper motors was) and know I'm learning about PICs and stepper motors..

Sup,

I'm in high school (final year, 18, don't know what you'd call that in america), i'm currently working on a solar car project (it's being beefed up with MPPT algorithms that solve some pretty crazy equations) and also a heuristics processor... It's pretty much a crazy idea i've had last year, uses eight (up to 64, but i can't ask microchip for that many samples :( ) pics linked together to process instructions. The instructions "rotate" around the pics, which act like processing nodes. While each pic runs at 40MHZ, the actual processing speed is more like 100MHZ ... big secret .... but it has lots of bugs, and it only has three input instructions at the moment (multiply, plus(minus), memory move). but don't worry, more will come!@

The maddest thing i've ever made (with friends) was a laser targeted rocket. (I can still see the hole it left in the tree.... ) Worked O.K., not brilliantly....

cYa

J^S^B (in rap language, that's j-to-the-s-to-the-b, but in c++ its j-exclusive-or-s-exclusive-or-b, but to me it's just two carets. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back