Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you use to design your schematics?

What software do you use to design your schematics?

• Electronics Workbench

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multisim

• ExpressPCB

• Eagle

• LTspice

• PCB123

• AutoCAD Electrical

• Paint

• SmartDraw

• Proteus

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

emc2

I've been searching the internet for software which can create schematics and there is a lot of options. I've tried lots but haven't found one that just feels right.

So I wonder what the members of Electro Tech use? I've setup a poll so people can vote for their favorite application. If you do vote, please make a comment about why you use that particular software.

Although I'm using Circuit Maker, I've used Workbench, Eagle and LTspice.

I'm using CM as old fan since it did both, circuit and PCB ( using TraxMaker ). LTspice is powerful tool for simulation I've used it during my studies. Eagle is the wider software among I used is use if you wish to send your circuit to a manufacturer to produce PCB for you.

you miss orcad it has very big community( professional +hobbits)
circuit maker is nice stuff but obsolete
proteus is handy but hard to make single side board

I have downloaded several different circuit design programs. Out of all of those, I find that the easiest to use is Multisim. However if I'm just making a diaram and don't need to simulate, then I just use Express PCB.

Eagle for me. Tried some of the others, but the fact I know Eagle well enough, just never put the effort in the others.

Eagle for me, especially due to the fact there a number of very proficient users on here, only too willing to help if the need arises.

Eagle. Once you get comfortable with it you fly...

Seriously. Tried the others and Eagle always wins. Very nice once you understand how it all works.

So far around 4000 boards done with the Gerber and Excellon Drill rack files exported to our PCB manufacturer that uses GC PREVUE to ensure we are all on the same wavelength.

And we are. Everything comes out 100% correct and 100% up to quality standards.

Eagle rocks. That's all I can say.

I use CircuitMaker to depict my schematics nicely, while I've used other softwares to do simulation. CircuitMaker does have a reasonable simulator though.

*looks @ poll results*

The Eagle is indeed flying. Great product. And truly worthy of all accolades it has accumulated over the years.

Last edited:
In China Altium [protel] ; Cadence[Orcad] ; Mentor[Pads] are popular. Eagle; Accel [Pcad]; Zuken [CADSTAR]; Diptrace are also frequently seen. Accel [Pcad] now belongs to Altium.

I use pencil and paper (not on the list) to work out concepts, then LTSpice for simulation of anything new, and then use Eagle for documentation and layout.

I chose Eagle but only one "vote" was allowed. I would have also chosen LTSpice.

I most definitely prefer Mentor Graphics but with a starting price of $5k it is out of reach of most home DIYer. So I guess Eagle get's my vote.

I most definitely prefer Mentor Graphics but with a starting price of $5k it is out of reach of most home DIYer. So I guess Eagle get's my vote.

And the best part about Eagle is it costs less than R500.00 to register it here in SA. You are good to go then for Production boards measuring 100 X 80mm and obviously maximum double sided. No inner layers.

You can fit a heck of a lot of components though on a well thought out/designed double sided PCB though even though it's only 100 x 80mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back