Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think of this amp circuit and my project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huricaine

Hi fellas. What do you think about the potential of this amplifier project: https://www.eleccircuit.com/power-amplifier-ocl-100w-with-mj802-mj4502/

It is the first on the page. My goal is 50 to 100w rms per speaker. I have an enclosure I built for two 6.5" peerless hds drivers and I will be using one small PA compression horn tweeter. I am undecided if I am going to use a 3 of these, one per driver or one of these just for the PA horn and a TDA7294 btl 2channel amp for the two 6.5s.

My 6.5s are 8 ohm and the horn is 6. I have thought of the compromise of using a single amp such as this for the 6.5" drivers in parallel and get 50w per speaker out of it.

The link I posted is a horrible discription because they have bad English and do not specify what load the 100w is obtained from.

Also I forgot to mention I have a +/-43V 300VA toroidal 60hz transformer.

And last here is a pic of my enclosure which lacks the horn tweeter cutout rightnow which will be mounted on the upper part of the baffle and between the 6.5"s.

vx9y.jpg

The enclosure is meant to be oriented with drivers facing sideways not up as dipicted by the way. There is a port on the side of the box. The pcb I etched and masked myself sitting on top of the box was built up as a 3 channel tda7293 ic amp but it failed. For some reason all my 12 board attempts have blew up when powered. So I ordered a board which is on its way.

My latest power supply board pcb layout:

tgm8.jpg

It uses 12 50v 4700uF caps, 6 per rail. Is that overkill or no? The board also has the area for the bridge rectifier.

I would recommend that you use a IC audio power amplifier such as this. or this. These ICs generally have better performance and stability than discrete designs, and are much simpler to build.

If you have the parameters for your drivers you could design a vented enclosure instead of a sealed one, would make a better window rattler.

I saw that old circuit about 40 years ago. Where will you find its obsolete transistors?

Your transformer produces AC, not DC. A 43VAC-0-43VAC transformer produces +/- 59VDC which is much too high.

If you have the parameters for your drivers you could design a vented enclosure instead of a sealed one, would make a better window rattler.
It is vented, and now he wants to cut a tweeter in it and make it worse.
It looks like a car box.
Don't know why the OP is making power supplies when he doesn't even have an amplifier circuit.

The application is for outdoor enviornment(work). I definitely should have mentioned that. A portable application somewhat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back