Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you think of the safety of this bottle light project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeg

https://www.instructables.com/id/Hanging-Bottle-Light-Bulb/

View attachment 61127

The short version: guy turns a bottle into a light bulb. He takes a filament from a light bulb and inserts it into a bottle. He evacuates the bottle and fills it with argon gas and viola! a bottle-bulb.

The effect looks pretty cool and a hanging lamp made from a couple of bottles might look neat. How safe does this look to you and what would be the danger points? To me the biggest concern is how hot the bottle would get, especially if I had a couple hanging together. Is this something I could hang from the ceiling and not worry about starting a fire? Would could I do to make this safer?

Thanks!

Creating a globe is much more complex than you think. You must have absolutely no moistue in the mixture. This you cannot do.

I believe the glass is 5 to 7 times thicker than a light bulb. Looks safe to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back