Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what do you think of refurbished monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgebster

I've been on a tight budget lately and noticed I can save a lot of money on a refurbished monitor. I came across a website that specializes in this and was wondering what everyone thinks of buying refurbished goods. I would really appreciate your advice.

I buy lots of refurbished goods. Don't recall ever having a problem. Just make sure you get a good enough warrent to hook it up and try it for awhile. Usually if it works for a few months, then it should have a decent service life. If you can get a refurbrished LCD monitor, all the better!

It really depends on why it's 'refurbished', generally these are faulty units returned under warranty.

As long as they have been repaired properly, then they are not normally a problem.

The problem is that any intermittent faults rarely get repaired, so failure rates on refurbished or graded units is far higher than new units.

Thanks for the advice. I am definitely keeping it in mind. The website I have been looking at is edexdeals.com. Looks like they have a 30 day warranty. Not sure if that is enough time. Has anyone happened to have any good or bad experiences with their goods?

i am in two minds on refurbished monitors, i too am on a tight as a ducks a~@e budget, i considered a refurbished monitor but considering they arnt that much cheaper than a brand new spanking one i didnt bother. however i didnt rush out and get and new one instead i went to the recycle centre and pulled one out there TV/Monitor skip and its worked great for 18 months. it cost me £5 and is a 22" flat screen lcd so i am well happy

I buy lots of refurbished stuff and have never had a problem. It should be a reputable dealer, but that's the case with all purchases.

I've got 4 refurb monitor, most expensive was $129, all are 20" - 22", and only problem in the past two years, is that two came with stuck pixels. One has two, aren't that noticeable. Last year, I bought a 32" TV, $239 with free shipping. Jump a little quick on that one, but it was $100 cheaper than anything I found at the time, plus no shipping. The Element brand, this specific model, turn out to be full of problems and complaints on the web. Fortunately, this refurb got fixed well, haven't had even a glitch, or anything unusual in the past year. Couple of weeks ago, I did have a toy helicopter crash into it, and left a few scratches, fortunately they only show when the TV is off. Sometimes refurbished turns out to be better, but you should get some sort of warranty, and feel confident that you can return the item, if there is an issue out of the box.

I have definitely gained confidence in ordering a refurbished monitor as long as the price is right. I really appreciate everyone's advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back