Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What determin's what type of cap to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory

What determin's what type of Cap to use .
I will attach a circuit with no Indication of what caps to use.
Ie Electrolytic or green

Attachments

• IMG.pdf
    200.6 KB · Views: 307
This shouldn't be in the theory forum. But what determines it (in approximately most important order):

But what determines it is cost, and what you need the capacitor to do (ie. better frequency response, accuracy, size, polarized/nonpolarized, pulse current capability etc).

At 48V, tantalum capacitors are pretty much ruled out and the only "affordable" ones left are electrolytics (cheap and large but poor frequency response, life, and temperature) and ceramics (better performance in pretty much everyway but smaller sizes and more expensive). Since you seem to be less than 10uF, I'd just go with ceramics in most places. 50V ceramics greater than 1uF or greater can get pretty expensive though so you might want to use electrolytics at those locations intead . It's basically down to cost.

I woudl use ceramics for C2 and C4. The only reason I would use electrolytics for C1 and C3 is because they have to be high voltage and larger size which gets a bit expensive with ceramics.

Thank you for your help.
I have a nother question about resistor ratio in this circuit .what section do you advise me to use in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back