Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What de we call that in english?! or any european language!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikalogic

i only know the name of this simple device in arabic! i've allways been outside egypt only for vacations and fun! so i never really had to use this part of the vocabulary!

it's a device used to fix water pipe line to walls....

can anybody help me?

thx

:)

Attachments

• clamp.JPG
    clamp.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 278
Pipe or conduit bracket comes to mind also. Although the nut attached is not a common feature or option I've seen.

Lefty

it looks more like a hose clamp to me. Used to clamp-seal a rubber hose to a metal fitting, usually in automotive work.

Could we get a size comparison? :) Also, what is it in Arabic?

I know exactly what it is, but I can't give you a proper name:eek: Clamp? Standoff clamp? Does the nut attact to threaded rod to suspend a pipe along a ceiling?

I wouldn't call it a hose clamp. A hose clamp generally is more of a band type device that applys even pressure around the hose to seal it against somthing. This clamp in question wouldn't seal at the sides.

How about just clamp?

I wouldn't call it a hose clamp. A hose clamp generally is more of a band type device that applys even pressure around the hose to seal it against somthing.
....known as a Jubilee clip in the UK for some reason:confused: :confused:

I think clamp, someone suggested "saddle clamp", that sounds good.
I dont think that you will get a word which exactly defines that thing in English.

JimB

From the photo it's a pipe clamp with a nut to attach it for mounting. As for an application just think of a down pipe on a roof gutter. Sheesh some many posts of guessing and I guess no-one bothered to walk outside and look at their down pipe.

Marks256 said:
Could we get a size comparison? :) Also, what is it in Arabic?

Are you sure you wana hear that! Lol :D

i arabic it is prnounced 'Afiiz' !

anyway, thanks for your hints guys, i'll be able to find the words for my report!

people in this forum never let me down!

<insert specific job role> clamp

dch222 said:
....known as a Jubilee clip in the UK for some reason:confused: :confused:
That ain't a jubilee clip.

**broken link removed**
used for hoses

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back