Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what causes torridity transistor in a driver circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Fisher

Hi
I was testing my Dc Driver Board until i felt that the board is hot ! :confused:
I touched one of my transistors and i was forced to pull my hand back !
In your opinion, what causes torridty transistor in the circuit ? And what is the solution for it?
Thanks.

Transistors often get as hot as 100 degrees C in normal operation. It's not generally wise to design for those temperatures, but they survive. You would probably not like touching 60 degrees C.

The transistor works by dissipating energy across it. THat produces heat. THere is no solution. YOu either increase cooling, change what the transistor must output, or change the input to the transistor. It's a matter of energy conservation.

Last edited:
BTW i use Ni-Mh in my driver circuit ... Is there a danger for my batteries? ( I use 4 Ni-Mh Batteries = 6 volts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back