Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What capacitor is this (meaning of specs)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindWalker

Hello,

I don't understand the meaning of 47kOhm and if 250V refers to a sinusoidal AC voltage signal or DC voltage.

**broken link removed**

Thank you

Last edited:
Looks like a 1uF +\- 20% capacitor to me, AC line buffer, ballast capactior, or motor starting application. Not sure about all the markings though, I would like an explanation from someone else that knows what the 47kΩ marking means.

Nigel Goodwin, I think that's it. 'Malha RC' means 'RC Network'.

I think it was supposed to be used in a telecommunication related electrical installation. I can't confirm because a friend 'found' it in the place a few months ago and only brought it to me now.

Thank you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back