Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What cable for Front Pannel Audio connector?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi.

I am building a port replicator for the front of my PC (to bring USB, audio ports etc to the front of my PC)

I wonder what cable I should use to connect these ( it should be at least 9 core, or two similar cables, one of 5 core and one of 3 core)

Something like this https://www.frontx.com/cpx503.html - does anyone know what kind of cable this is likely to be (a link to a maplin page or similar would be greatly appreciated, because I'm not very good with any technical specifications!!)

Edit: would this be any good? - **broken link removed** or maybe just a piece of cat5 cable?

Thanks

Tim

ok, I took the cable out of my computer that connects my CD-ROM drive to my motherboard, which is the kind of cable i'm looking for.

It reads:

writing on sleeve said:
AWM E41447-HCS STYLE 2547 28AWG 80C VW-1SC

What does that mean?, or, more usefully, which bits are the important bits?

Thanks again

Tim

Edit: P.S. another idea I had - could I use an old flat IDE cable? - I presume I could, but would it be any good? What does everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back