Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What battery for uC circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.
The typical quiescent currents were 400uA (Texas TPS73133), 170uA (Texas TPS79133) and 1.1uA (ON Semi MC78LC00).

So with a 1000mAh battery, at 0.4mA or 0.17mA you aren't going to get a full year from the LDO alone even if the PIC is in sleep mode. But from the 1.1uA you are going to get more years than I will probably be alive!

I'll try and use sensors that don't require the internal ADC or a highly accurate Vdd/Vref, that could work nicely with a single diode drop. But given the calculations above, is an LDO really the spawn of the devil? :D
that ON Semi part is a nice one, could be on the low side to power an SD card?

A fully charged LiCo battery is 4.2V, so choose the diode carefully if you go that route. For instance, a small signal diode at a couple of ma's will only be approx. 0.4V.

A TL431 voltage reference, and or resistor/divider networks can be sourced from a micro I/O pin when awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back