Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob

Ok I know they are resistors, but how do they work? They read 330ohms, but my multimeter reads...
.6ohms for right and left prongs
.3 for center and left
.3 for center right
these are not exact but are close enough.
how can I get the 330ohms it reads?
Thank you,
Ben

Attachments

• EABA10C8-0B65-419C-8523-3D10398C3D06.jpeg
    EABA10C8-0B65-419C-8523-3D10398C3D06.jpeg
    1,007.6 KB · Views: 276
Well I did some more digging and turns out they are 3.3 ohm..... Why just why would they label it .33k?!

Look here for the resistor datasheet:
you will see that they are 10% tolerance.

Look here:
**broken link removed**
and scroll down to the section "BS1852 Letter Coding for Resistors"
In the table it shows that K represents 10% tolerance.

JimB

Well I did some more digging and turns out they are 3.3 ohm..... Why just why would they label it .33k?!

They aren't and they didn't.

They are clearly labelled 0.33 ohms + 0.33 ohms (two in series), intended for emitter resistors in audio amplifiers.

How did you get from clearly labelled 0.33 to 330?.

They aren't and they didn't.

They are clearly labelled 0.33 ohms + 0.33 ohms (two in series), intended for emitter resistors in audio amplifiers.

How did you get from clearly labelled 0.33 to 330?.
Because as JimB noted I thought it was .33(kilo) ohms kinda like a 4.7k ohm. Didn't realize it was tolerance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back