Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What are these type of capacitors ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

icom128

Hi,
I have a circuit with these 2 caps on board - see photo.

I know the values because there on the board screen.
But what type are they ?. I have never seen them before.
And if I need to replace them,what type do I replace them with,
that will work exactly the same.

Attachments

• CAP-QUES.jpg
    CAP-QUES.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 179
My Chinese solar garden lights have these inductors.
They are the thickness of a 1/2W resistor but the length of a 1/4W resistor.

Last edited:
Thanks guys.
I am pretty slow these days, of course your right they are inductors, I kinda noticed uf on silk screen, thought caps
instead of thinking this must be a silk screen error , and should be uh.

But that's what make this forum fantastic, knowing you guys that are on the ball, will put yourselves out for others.

Thanks.

thanks

Thanks guys but the have been traced as 150uH & 470uH Axial Lead Color Ring Fixed Inductors. Can be seen on ebay showing same color bands. And the earlier replies led me to search for inductors.

The problem was, the silk screen on original board says uF values for these, and made me think they were caps.

Thanks for helping me , great forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back