Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what are these resistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew2022

i have some resistors but am unsure what type (carbon film, metal oxide, what power rating etc) they are (sorry i dont have pics). any1 kno?

1: look same size as standard .25w but blue. also the colours are red black red. is this 20k?

2: large resistors, approx 11mm in length (not inc wire)

thanx

andrew2022 said:
i have some resistors but am unsure what type (carbon film, metal oxide, what power rating etc) they are (sorry i dont have pics). any1 kno?

1: look same size as standard .25w but blue. also the colours are red black red. is this 20k?

2: large resistors, approx 11mm in length (not inc wire)

thanx

1: Probably metal oxide as it's blue, but a resistor should have more than 3 bands, those 3 actually read 2K.

2: The bigger the resistor the higher the wattage, 11mm sounds like a modern 1W resistor.

If you don't know how to read the resistor codes (which is very easy once you find out), look here https://xtronics.com/kits/rcode.htm. If that don't do it, type in reading resistor color codes on google, and you'll find something. That address is actually the first one that I found on google. A nice little memory aid is on the back of every resisotr case that i buy @ radioshack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back