Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what about motor and reductor chosing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patroclus

For a small two-wheels first robot, which DC motor should I get?? The typical DC motor I've always seen is quite big and powerfull, and also takes 3V@330mA or 6@450mA which is a lot.

also, for reduction, how could I build myself one?
the ones they sell are quite expensive ;)

thnks

Well i got a lego car moving whith one 80 mA motor at 7.5 volts.He was a quite heawy felow. I have a motor thet golps 2 A at 6 V!

Whith no reductor the thing wod go nice nad fast whith two 100 mA motors at 9V (Whith two 4.5 baterys)

My main aim is low power consumition, as the robot is small and light. But also cost. I know that servos maybe best solution, but they are expensive.

If you make it light enugh 100 mA motor at 3V shod do it.But i thing yul have to runit from button baterys.Beter rechargeble becose buton baterys can get dicrharged fast whith a motor.I have some Ni-HM buton baterys for this purpose 3.6V 250 mAh

Do you know a new Japanese battery? It's AA size, but it's so strong, only 3USD each.

If you use a 6V motor, you also can use 3 V supply, it still works. I cannot get the strongest torque of the motor, but I'm sure it will works. As you use PWM for 6V motor, at 50% duty cycle, that is, you seem to apply 3V to the motor. Yeah, there are some differences, but in a small light application (not a micro application) dont care muchie about it. It works.

If your application is a microbot, I think you have to use servo or RC motor. RC motor, in fact, it's used for remote controling, but if you use RC, it's so tiny.

thanks for the tips ;)
I already thought about mobile vibration motor, it may be good idea for many applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back