Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wharfedale monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

laup

I have a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 pro active monitors.

One of them has stopped working, no idea why.

The power light does not come on / no audio.

I have checked the power cable, that is fine.

Any tips in regards to opening the monitor up.

Thanks

A lot of the active monitors' amps that I have worked on were accessed by removing the drivers/ speakers and removing them from the front of the enclosure. If yours are similar, see if you can remove the grille and get at the screws :)

A lot of the active monitors' amps that I have worked on were accessed by removing the drivers/ speakers and removing them from the front of the enclosure. If yours are similar, see if you can remove the grille and get at the screws :)

I would agree, the grill usually pulls off (held by Velcro or plastic clips), and you remove the bass unit to access the electronics.

Presuming of course that it's not accessible from the back?, but I doubt the OP would be asking if it was that obvious.

Nigel! Wow are you the author of the pic 16pro programmer. I found that and downloaded the circuit and built it and it worked great oooh what about 13 or 14 years ago :D

Nigel! Wow are you the author of the pic 16pro programmer. I found that and downloaded the circuit and built it and it worked great oooh what about 13 or 14 years ago :D

No, I only did software for PIC programmers, not the hardware - and I long pre-dated the P16PRO hardware. The P16PRO was simply an improved version of the original David Tait ones, the 'father' of PIC programmers.

My 'claim to fame' is writing the worlds first Windows PIC programmer software :D

I also wrote the worlds first PIC programmer software with a built-in disassembler.

Ahh I had forgotten the David Tait ones that was the first one I built, There was a Dutch fellah as well who did some programmer circuits, oh! Luddi was it? Well well done on that Nigel, certainly is a claim to fame, although there doesn't seem to be much going on in the hobby area with the pic's these days.

Ahh I had forgotten the David Tait ones that was the first one I built, There was a Dutch fellah as well who did some programmer circuits, oh! Luddi was it? Well well done on that Nigel, certainly is a claim to fame, although there doesn't seem to be much going on in the hobby area with the pic's these days.

The demise of parallel/serial ports, along with cheap PICKit USB programmers, has killed the home programmer market - there's no point any more, just buy a PICKit2 or 3 and you're done :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back