Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird,VB.NET MSComm RX error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,I've been using Visual Basic 6 for a long time.Recently I've upgraded to Visual Studio .NET,with Visual Basic .NET inside of course.I was getting along pretty well with the MSComm component in VB6,sending and receiving data as I wish.Then I got stuck while tring to receive data in VB.NET.I set a breakpoint at the AxMSComm_OnComm event and monitored those variants involved.On receiving data defined by the "RThreshold" setting of MSComm component,the program entered the breakpoint.And soon I found the value of AxMSComm.InBuffCount was 0 !! This is impossible before anything was read out from the buffer.The data in the input buffer was lost!

I changed the input mode(text/binary),"InputLen" and "RThreshold" settings many times to different combination just to find I was doing it in vain.What am I supposed to do?Remove VB.NET and reinstall the VB6? :(

U MIGHT GET ANSWER IN THE FOLLOWING LINKS

h**p://welther.nl/hugo/CO%20artikelen/vblab05.zip
h**p://welther.nl/hugo/CO%20artikelen/vblab.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back