Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird issue in toy circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

danielzuliani

Hi, I'm new in the forum and I don't know much about circuit but I have a problem and would like your insights!
I have this toy called B Symphony. Is a great music toy, you can google it and take a look.
The point is it got wet and the main circuit suffered some damage. I cleaned it but know I'm getting some weird issues. If I try to use it, the music plays for a few seconds and then stops. Sometimes pressing some buttons makes a distorted sound, but it always stops after some seconds.
But the thing I don't get is: If the music is playing and I keep pushing any button (lights, volume, tempo, etc), it works perfectly and doesn't stop nor makes any distorted sound
So I'm guessing there may be a solution but I don't have a clue how or why it works while pressing buttons. Some kind of power problem? Any cdeas?
Thanks!

I've attached some pics so you can see the damage

Attachments

• IMG_20191217_194433.jpg
    IMG_20191217_194433.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20191217_194521.jpg
    IMG_20191217_194521.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_20191217_214524.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 183
I'd guess there is still moisture or corrosion under the rubber buttons in the area it got wet, causing a partial short across the button contacts.

It was rain water but I didn't knew it got wet but after a couple of days when I turned it on and failed. Since then I cleaned it many times. After just cleaning it it works for a while, then the same issues appears

It looks like the two top left and bottom left legs of the IC have corroded. I've seen this many times with some of the kit we use at work when it gets wet - it basically erodes pins from the board. Maybe try resoldering them or repairing the tracks if they are damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back