Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

weird emails - what's their purpose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTech

From time to time I get these senseless emails and I am wondering what they are about. They often are of choppy, confusing sentence structure. Rarely is there an attachment. I never actually click on them and they get immediately screened by my email pgm. that learns and identifies them as junk, but the preview pane displays the body of the email. Here's the latest one, and if you ask me, it comes off rather gay like:

Subject: DLQ

"Shut up, you *******!" I said to Tender.
for sure as long as you make that pullup so hard. Fletcher, you lost forty
headquarters. They're all well-built healthy fellows. They don't have to go
before at seventy, and with the faintest twist of his wingtips he eased

I gathered they are spam of sorts, more than that of a virus. My antivirus software would be reporting activity to me if it was that.

Their purpose is to develop a list of active non-bouncing email addresses.

You need to reach back down into that monitor and give the originator a good slap.

JimB

JimB said:
You need to reach back down into that monitor and give the originator a good slap.

JimB

Not possible with current technology...yet...

Almost always the gibberish paragraphs are to try and get through spam filters that use bayesian filtering. But Nigel's right, usually there is an embedded URL or a hidden image with a unique tag that "phones home" that yoru email is valid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back