Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wein bridge with the help of op amp741

Status
Not open for further replies.

neptune

i have posted simulation.
what is wrong with this circuit ?

Attachments

• wein bridge oscillator.asc
    1.5 KB · Views: 298
i have posted simulation.
what is wrong with this circuit ?

hi,
You had time step of 10 seconds, look at my settings.

Attachments

• AAesp04.gif
    AAesp04.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 264
  • wein bridge oscillator.asc
    1.5 KB · Views: 235
@ericgibbs,
Can you please indicate the criteria that decide the 2sec or so settling time for the Oscillator to stabilize

ok you have entered stop time 10 and simulation is stopping at 2s
in FFT graph view, its freq. is 1.111 Khz , how to calaculate freq. is it same f=1/1.38RC

Last edited:
@ericgibbs,
Can you please indicate the criteria that decide the 2sec or so settling time for the Oscillator to stabilize

Hi Sarma,
Look at section #8 of this pdf.

The Wien osc should have a FET feedback loop for the best sine wave output.

Attachments

• oscillators.pdf
    250.1 KB · Views: 377
ok you have entered stop time 10 and simulation is stopping at 2s
in FFT graph view, its freq. is 1.111 Khz , how to calaculate freq. is it same f=1/1.38RC

Hi neptune,
Look at the pdf in post #5, Section #8, for details of the Wien.

ok thankyou.
I have one Experimental and interesting question !!
if we remove both Resistor of RC section (R3 and R4) and replace them with Voltage controlled resistor
then by controlling voltage going to variable resistor we can have different oscillating frequency.
so, we will be changing the freqency of oscillation of this oscillator.
(like this one https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Voltage-Controlled-Resistor-and-Use-It/)

so if connect speaker and amplify its signal to be given in variable resistor of RC section, then we will be having frequency modulator. !!
if you want i can post scheamatics

hi neptune,

Post the schematic of your proposed circuit.

The Wien usually does not change frequency quickly when you vary the drive.

here is the schematic.
i think it deepnds on slew rate on how much this op amp can change voltage freq.
we can use high slew rate op amp , if that is not possible then we can use this FM modulator for lower frequency, not necessarily for audible range. !

Does LTspice has any component like this voltage dependent resistance ? i want to test this ^^

https://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Voltage-Controlled-Resistor-and-Use-It/ this site is proposing same thing

Attachments

• freq. modulator.png
    freq. modulator.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Does LTspice has any component like this voltage dependent resistance ?
You could use a behavioural current source.

ok is it voltage dependent resistor or current dependent resistor, i think both are same but have analogy.
You could use a behavioural current source.
Or behavioural voltage source

If the dependence is such that the resistance is proportional to voltage then (applying Ohm's Law) the resistor is equivalent to a constant-current source. What sort of dependence did you have in mind?
Yes, a behavioural voltage source could be used.

Last edited:
What sort of dependence did you have in mind?
see when we speak in microphone current is generated in coils , so i will have to current dependent resistors.

see when we speak in microphone current is generated in coils , so i will have to current dependent resistors.

hi neptune.
You could easily use a stepped 'potentiometer' model

You could easily use a stepped 'potentiometer' model
is stepped 'potentiometer' voltage dependent resistor ?
is it available in yahoo LTspice ?

is stepped 'potentiometer' voltage dependent resistor ?
is it available in yahoo LTspice ?

Its not a VDR, put a potentiometer that can have its value stepped from 0.01% thru 99.9%, available from YLTS

Are you trying to frequency modulate the Wien oscillator with audio frequencies.???

yes i want to Experiment on all frequencies including audio.
hey pls check if i have dowloaded right file

Attachments

• potentiometer.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 214
yes i want to Experiment on all frequencies including audio.
hey pls check if i have dowloaded right file

That zip looks OK.

At present your osc is running at approx 1.5kHz, it will have to a lot higher if you want to modulate with audio of 300Hz thru 5000Hz

Attachments

• Variable resistor.asc
    619 bytes · Views: 217
  • wein bridge frequency modulator.asc
    1.8 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back