Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Web browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Any good suggestions. How do you keep microsoft out and still keep your software.

I hate's'em \\Microsoft\\ shhh they can hear you.:eek:

Better put on my aluminum hate again.:p

kv:D

BTW does anybody know how to give a thumbs up Icon by typing a :eeek: or something ?

Any good suggestions. How do you keep microsoft out and still keep your software.

I hate's'em \\Microsoft\\ shhh they can hear you.:eek:

Better put on my aluminum hate again.:p

BTW does anybody know how to give a thumbs up Icon by typing a :eeek: or something ?

Download Mozilla Firefox

Don't think anybody really likes Microsux, just not a lot of choice. There are alternatives, but most people want to stick with what they know from work...

Anyway, FireFox is a good browser. Used Netscape for a longtime, but that's gone. Haven't messed with settings or plugins, but there is a lot of options. Wouldn't suggest completely removing IE, as a few websites are kind of exclusive Microsux. Run into this everytime I check my 401k balance (depressing), and when I filed my taxes online.

Download Mozilla Firefox

I just did I had a c++ runtime error with the current program.

So, I Removed it now I'm back but gotta go to work again.

Meanwhile I got the Run stop error blue screen crap. Xp

I used ccleaner got it to speed back up no run stops and no blue screens and then when I loaded adobe 9. Suddenly it's back.

Ran ccleaner again we'll see how it goes. Maybe I'm gonna hose the hole thing and start over. I just don't have the time for this sheeeeite.

I'm glad I got a mac at work. I use VM ware for all my windows. Knowing when it ffffffffs up I'll just retrieve it all from the mac side of life. :p \\ Screw Windows I can't hate's"em enough \\

kv

It sounds like Winblows has gone down on you and not in the nice way either. ;)

It sounds like Winblows has gone down on you and not in the nice way either. ;)

Thought I'd just check again. No, interferences boom pop.

Loaded an runnin like a Windblows champion again.

Oops, I just ginx myself. :p

:mad:\\I better not let my computer know I hate's'em\\:mad:

Eric, Well I got the (Firefox) back on and your suggested (Foxit)

I removed the Adobe 9 and also the other adobe products for now just to see if I still have the driver stop error crap again.

It probably is the Driver problem but still could be software conflicts.

You guess it. Blue screening ............... crap.

kv

Last edited:
Maybe you should download and run a program like MemTest86. Sounds like you might have memory errors.
Check your HDD while you're at it too.
Reformat and reload Windows (Or linux if you're really fed up) if the above comes up clean.

Last edited:
I'll give it a try. I would do Lenox but I have only given it a whirl a time two. The kids an wife would freak too!

Edit: I have the site for anyone who is crossing this path.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any trouble and system tray loads quicker.

All web pages seem to run smoothly loading and unloading. I just think when I took out Adobe Illustrator 8.

I let it yank some stuff when went.

All warnings for ad ons are showing themselves when they should and seems like a new (little) computer. Accept for the damn cat hair.

Every time I do that (Remove or Install ) I get issues I'm running Ccleaner every time and dumping recycle bin.

In addition to that when I see it wanting to yank other stuff from related software I will get every piece of related software out I will remove and re-load them.

Thanks to all that helped.

Last edited:
Run Windows 2000 and Zone Alarm.
Every couple weeks, do a Ghost restore of the OS and programs on a dedicated partition to shake off the other leeches.

Blue screen of Death.

Run Windows 2000 and Zone Alarm.
Every couple weeks, do a Ghost restore of the OS and programs on a dedicated partition to shake off the other leeches.

I have a free version of McAffee virus scan agent and Enterprise.

I use Ccleaner as which was suggested from a friend who works at a call center for ( McAfee ) Norton is just a brother product and until it moved to India was located across the parking lot. The only Difference was they (McAfee) work together to aid and provide Doc and Date files in order to create hot fixes in the software.

Testing and Hole shooting is their primary resposibility.

But that still leaves the virus that is Microsoft ? I wish Apple and Microsoft would just go meet somewhere fight and shake hands and make a product that everyone can use without fear of the dreaded Bluescreen of death.

I've had this computer 6 years. I only had trouble with a poorly seated Heat sink (My fault) after I cleaned the damn cat hair out last time. Since then I've had issues and thought it was a bad processor. Wrong.

It feels like heaven watching the sys tray pop and icons bounce. Then no Hour Glass or anything Click boom I got the Webrowser.

Sometimes people unnecessarily hose and reload Windyblows. I've not had to yet. Just find the conflict ? Viruses or Spyware don't forget the Bullsh.......ite that windows can cause you.

Working for McAfee help me get that point.

Happy Trails.

Use: Firefox or Opera

I don't know how you guys have so much trouble with Windows.:rolleyes: I had been running XP for years, very few problems. I have been running VISTA, up until about a week ago (total of approx. 2 years), and had virtually no problems, however it did "seem" a little slugish. Now I am running Windows Seven (Beta 7000), and it flys, is as smooth as ever and blows that over-priced, proprietary, resource hog Mac OS out of the water.

You guys must be getting spy-ware, bad drivers, or something.....

-Run defrag regularly
-Use anti spyware programs
-Watch out for bad websites (i.e.pRONography sites etc...)
-Use something called: WOT "web of trust" with Firefox when you get it.

Last edited:
I agree. Many of the problem MS OS's have are due to the things other people do. If Mac Linux or whatever had the same degree of popularity it would have similar problems.

I held off running VISTA till about a month ago. I was happy with XP but the number of VISTA boxes at school is growing and I needed to move ahead.

From what I have heard about Seven it sounds like a good thing.

I am a Thunderbird and Opera fan. :)

I don't know how you guys have so much trouble with Windows.:rolleyes: I had been running XP for years, very few problems. I have been running VISTA, up until about a week ago (total of approx. 2 years), and had virtually no problems, however it did "seem" a little slugish. Now I am running Windows Seven (Beta 7000), and it flys, is as smooth as ever and blows that over-priced, proprietary, resource hog Mac OS out of the water.

You guys must be getting spy-ware, bad drivers, or something.....

-Run defrag regularly
-Use anti spyware programs
-Watch out for bad websites (i.e.pRONography sites etc...)
-Use something called: WOT "web of trust" with Firefox when you get it.

I don't know how you guys have so much trouble with Windows.:rolleyes: I had been running XP for years, very few problems.

Right and give the kids Admin to do just a little and Wham. As soon as my oldest daughter moved out she had a bunch of mixed programs and in addition to that their is my Youngest the ( My space Princes )

But, I removed all their old software related to the Ipod, Camera's, Apple / integration to windblows failure for those Devices and their so called UPdates. The two should never be Integrated unless they (Windows) really want them to work.

Trust me I don't think Windows Cares More Money for them and Exposure to insure their future in the PC world. If you don't clean up the registry your doomed. When Windows say's there is a file sharing and could cause a problem if you remove and if you say (Yes to All) they mean it. Old antiquated Software is also a problem leftover experimental software installs removal problems.

Those files need to go. Rip them and let them rest in peace.

kv

yeah, monkey business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back